Choo choo



Every year on December 17th we have a "family day". This day is a very special day for our family. You see, R has an older brother who is now in heaven. Braiden was born on Dec. 17th and to celebrate it we usually go out to a place that we think B would've like to go for his birthday. This year (2008) B would've been 4 so we choose the Durham museum. It's an old train station in Omaha that has a real train on the first floor. R is a little boy who has come to L-O-V-E, love trains. So we thought that it was a good idea to visit this museum because we would hope that R and B would have been of one heart and one mind. R had fun walking in and out of the different train cars exploring the different rooms and just having fun running around the museum. We couldn't read a lot about the history (because of the running) but we just enjoyed ourselves knowing that we were celebrating this day in remembrance of our son. R walked around saying Choo-choo the whole time. It was great!They even had one of those wooden trains with the cut outs so you could pop your head into it. For some reason this train at the entrance it said "Platform 9 3/4" being a Harry Potter enthusiast, none of the characters were painted on this train. I thought there was no relation to HP so why paint the platform number? Anywhooooo. We had a great day.

2 comments:

Pennies said...

I love your family's December 17th tradition. What a great way to honor another person. I wish I knew your family so much better. I miss you, my best cousin friend.

Aislinn said...

I love the wooden cutouts - they're the best!! Braiden would have loved this museum - and what a special treat for R! There's just something about boys and trains!