Christmas Snow Storm in Nebraska



We had a truly white Christmas this year. (The second snow storm this month to make getting out of our subdivision by non-4X4 vehicles nearly impossible). We had a great time spending Christmas day as a family. We are grateful for neighbors that are willing to provide their time and snow-blowers to help dig us out. (I'm currently a card carrying member of the shovel patrol). We had between 10-12" of snow piled on top of the snow left from the last storm. The biggest issue wasn't the amount of snow but the amount of drifting snow. Can you say: "snow cave anyone?"

3 comments:

Elise said...

WOW!! I LOVE snow, but seeing that makes me glad I'm not there. Good luck getting around.

elkaholic said...

You know you love to shovel the snow. Like the fence - didn't know you guys got one put up.

Swilor Family said...

Yeah, that last storm definitely left us with some snow cave potential in the back yard. My favorite part, "I'm currently a card carrying memeber of the shovel patrol." Heehee, love it!