Yellowstone

We took our family trip this year to Yellowstone. I have never been there and J was there when he was a baby. We decided to go and invited Grandma Crawford to come with us. I was amazed at how beautiful this place was. We began our sight-seeing tour at Old Faithful. It was rainy and cold but we stayed until we saw the geyser ascend into the sky. Because of the rain we saw a lot of steam instead of water shoot up into the air. It was a neat experience.

Our 2nd day we took all day and toured the park. Stopping at whatever place that grabbed our attention. My most favorite place was the "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone". The lower falls to be exact. J, R and I journeyed down the switchback trail to the edge of the lower waterfalls of the Yellowstone river. A stayed with G-ma while we ventured down this trail that we thought would never end. J & I thought that hiking back up will be a pain and it was but the view was fantastic. This picture was taken on our way down to the waterfall. It's just amazing!
Here's a view of the lower falls from a distance. We were right there on the edge to the right of the waterfall. If you haven't been here before there is a viewing platform for you to see right over the falls. R loves water and was fascinated by the rushing water over the edge.

This was probably my most favorite place in the whole park. We then saw other waterfalls, lots of geysers, mudpots, hot springs and of course wildlife. I was determined to see specific animals in their natural environment.... and I did. We saw Elk, Moose, Bears, squirrels and even two American Bald Eagles.
This trip was so much fun. We'll be back when the kids are grown but for now.... we'll remember our trip in pictures.

4 comments:

Aislinn said...

that's incredible! one day we'll go there too! I love the family pic with the geyser in the background! AWESOME!

carolee said...

looks like fun!

Kimberly said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys were able to go. We live really close to Yellowstone and it's always a good time!

Carlseen said...

those pictures look fake! Are you sure they aren't digitally enhanced??? So jealous. Someday I will make it over there...