Meet the Barnes family! They have become our very bestest friends over the years. We met them in Laramie, Wyoming where Jaren was going to school. T and A were also students and were in our ward. We've only known them for going on 7 years now but we all have been through a lot together.
Through moving, sanity, loss of a child, traveling, having children and all the joys that life can bring we've shared it with the Barnes family. We love them dearly and when we moved to Omaha they at the time lived in Scottsbluff, NE which is on the western side of Neb we were sad that we wouldn't be seeing them as often. Then they decided to move to Utah. Now our visits would be nonexistant because of the distance. A started a blog and I loved reading it daily because she usually posts something daily. It helped me keep in touch with their family. Well....this past weekend was a long weekend for the Barnes family. They surprised me with a trip to Omaha. While I was grocery shopping nonetheless! I hear someone calling "hey lady". I figure that I didn't know anyone at this store and I ignored this loud individual. Well then J and A say together "Shani!" I turn around and there's my friend with a camera in her hand taking a picture of me in disbelief. I learned that J knew for over a week that they were coming. I loved the surprise and it was a much needed visit from some very good friends! We spent the weekend with them and another family we know from our college days. So glad you came! We love you Barnes family!


1 comment:
I love this picture! You actually got everyone looking at you!!
We absolutely LOVED our trip and we LOVED every minute that we got to spend with ya'll. You are awesome friends and I'm so grateful that God brought us together - you mean the world to us!! LOVE YA
Post a Comment